They are your neighbors.
They are your friends.
They are brave.
They need your help.
Become a Champion for Kids!
Even grown men and women can be scared of hospitals. Imagine you are a small child and are told you are sick and have to be admitted for tests or treatment. If you could ease the anxiety the child, and their parents feel, wouldn’t you?
Join us May 4, 5 and 6 for the 2015 American Family Children’s Hospital Radiothon. We’ll be broadcasting live each day, listening to children and their families tell personal stories about how the American Family Children’s Hospital has made a difference in their lives. If you’ve listened in the past, you know how moving and captivating these stories are. Tune in again, and make sure to tell your friends!
We will talk with children and their families who are currently using the hospital for services or have been in the past. Hear how your donations have made their time at American Family Children’s Hospital a little brighter. Let their parents tell you how your donation helped their kid still be a kid even as they faced the adult-size challenges of serious illness or injury.
Take a moment from your busy day and consider these stories, these families, and how just a little bit from you and maybe your friends can provide hope.
The money you donate will help save lives!
Here are just some of the ways donations have been used in past years:
- Funded a Child Life Specialist position in the Emergency Department to help patients and their families cope with fear, pain, and anxiety.
- Provided supplies for the Positive Image Center which offers wigs, hats and salon services to patients free of charge.
- Provided gas cards and transportation resources for families who need help getting to and from the hospital, including those who need treatments several times each week.
- Supported Tyler’s Place sibling care, so parents can stay with their hospitalized child while the siblings are taken care of in a nurturing and therapeutic environment.
- Helped build 8 rooms in the new 8th Floor NICU / PICU Units.
- Provided dinners for thousands of moms, dads, and patient visitors.
How can you become a Champion for Kids?
- You become a champion by donating just $15 a month!
- Make a donation by calling the Subway Donor Hotline at 1-877-719-KIDS (5437).
- Donate securely online clicking here.
Share this page with your friends! Share on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram —ALL OVER!
If you have a story about American Family Children’s Hospital, please share it on our Facebook Page! We will make sure the incredible staff reads it!
Donations to the American Family Children’s Hospital and UW Health are managed by the University of Wisconsin Foundation, the official fundraising and gift-receiving organization for the University of Wisconsin-Madison and UW Health. The UW Foundation is a publicly supported charitable organization under sections 501(c)(3), 509(a)(1) and 170(b)(1)(A)(iv) of the IRS Code. A gift is fully tax deductible unless the donor receives goods and/or services in exchange for her or his contribution or as long as the value of any goods or services received qualify as ‘low cost articles’ under section 513(h)(2).
Get your garcinia cambogia free trial here.